DXC Technology Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for DXC Technology?
The stock ticker for DXC Technology is DXC.
Where is the DXC Technology headquarters?
DXC Technology's headquarters is located in Tysons, Virginia, United States.
What Does DXC Technology Do?
DXC Technology is a global IT services company that provides end-to-end solutions for businesses and governments. They offer services such as cloud computing, cybersecurity, analytics, consulting, and application development. Their goal is to help clients modernize their IT infrastructure and transform their businesses for the digital age.
How Does DXC Technology Make Money?
DXC Technology is a multinational IT services company that provides a range of technology solutions to businesses and governments around the world. The company generates revenue through a variety of sources, including:
1. IT Services: DXC Technology provides a range of IT services to its clients, including application development and maintenance, cloud services, cybersecurity, data analytics, and consulting. These services are typically provided on a project basis or through ongoing managed services contracts, and generate revenue through hourly billing rates or fixed fees.
2. Software: DXC Technology also develops and sells software products to its clients, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and other business applications. These products generate revenue through licensing fees and ongoing maintenance and support contracts.
3. Infrastructure Services: DXC Technology provides infrastructure services to its clients, including data center management, network services, and end-user computing support. These services generate revenue through ongoing managed services contracts and hourly billing rates.
4. Business Process Services: DXC Technology also provides business process services to its clients, including finance and accounting, human resources, and procurement outsourcing. These services generate revenue through ongoing managed services contracts and transaction-based pricing models.
Overall, DXC Technology generates revenue through a combination of project-based and ongoing managed services contracts, software licensing and maintenance fees, and transaction-based pricing models. The company's revenue streams are diversified across a range of technology solutions and industries, which helps to mitigate risk and ensure consistent growth over time.
Who Founded DXC Technology?
The company was founded by Mike Lawrie in 2017.
What is the History of DXC Technology?
DXC Technology is a multinational corporation that provides information technology services and solutions to businesses and governments around the world. The company was formed in 2017 through the merger of two major IT services companies, Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
CSC was founded in 1959 as Computer Sciences Corporation by Roy Nutt and Fletcher Jones in Los Angeles, California. The company initially provided programming tools and software development services to government agencies and private companies. Over the years, CSC expanded its services to include consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing.
HPE's Enterprise Services business, on the other hand, was a division of Hewlett Packard that provided IT services to businesses and governments. The division was formed in 2008 when HP acquired Electronic Data Systems (EDS), a major IT services company.
In 2017, CSC and HPE's Enterprise Services business merged to form DXC Technology. The new company had over 170,000 employees and served clients in over 70 countries. DXC Technology's services include cloud computing, cybersecurity, analytics, and digital transformation.
Since its formation, DXC Technology has continued to grow and expand its services. In 2018, the company acquired Luxoft, a software development company, and in 2020, it acquired Virtual Clarity, a consulting firm specializing in cloud migration and digital transformation. Today, DXC Technology is one of the largest IT services companies in the world, with a strong presence in North America, Europe, and Asia.
What Industry is DXC Technology In?
DXC Technology is in the information technology industry.
What Are DXC Technology's Competitive Advantages?
1. Strong Industry Expertise: DXC Technology has a deep understanding of various industries, including healthcare, finance, and manufacturing. This expertise allows the company to provide tailored solutions to its clients, which gives it a competitive edge.
2. Global Presence: DXC Technology has a global presence, with operations in over 70 countries. This allows the company to serve clients in different regions and provide them with localized solutions.
3. Strong Partnerships: DXC Technology has strong partnerships with leading technology companies such as Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and Oracle. These partnerships enable the company to leverage the latest technologies and provide innovative solutions to its clients.
4. Robust Technology Capabilities: DXC Technology has a strong focus on technology innovation and has developed several proprietary technologies. This allows the company to provide cutting-edge solutions to its clients and stay ahead of the competition.
5. Strong Customer Relationships: DXC Technology has a strong track record of building long-term relationships with its clients. This is due to the company's focus on delivering high-quality solutions and providing excellent customer service.
What Are DXC Technology's Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to DXC Technology include:
1. Other large IT services companies such as Accenture, IBM, and Infosys, which offer similar services and have a strong market presence.
2. Niche IT services companies that specialize in specific areas such as cybersecurity, cloud computing, or data analytics, which may be more attractive to certain clients.
3. The rise of automation and artificial intelligence, which could potentially reduce the need for certain IT services and impact the demand for DXC's offerings.
4. The increasing trend towards insourcing IT services, as some companies may choose to build their own in-house capabilities rather than outsourcing to a third-party provider.
5. Economic downturns or global events that could impact IT spending and reduce demand for DXC's services.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of DXC Technology?
Some of the competitors of DXC Technology include Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro.
What Are Some of DXC Technology's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from DXC Technology include cloud computing solutions, cybersecurity services, data analytics and business intelligence, application development and management, IT consulting and outsourcing, and enterprise software solutions. They also offer industry-specific solutions for healthcare, insurance, banking, and other sectors.
Has DXC Technology Acquired any Companies?
Yes, DXC Technology has made several notable acquisitions, including Luxoft, Virtual Clarity, Tribridge, and Molina Medicaid Solutions.