Gartner Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Gartner?
The stock ticker for Gartner is IT.
Where is the Gartner headquarters?
Gartner's headquarters is located in Stamford, Connecticut, United States.
What Does Gartner Do?
Gartner is a research and advisory company that provides insights, advice, and tools to help businesses make informed decisions. They specialize in technology, marketing, and supply chain research, and offer services such as consulting, events, and data analysis. Their goal is to help organizations navigate complex challenges and stay ahead of industry trends.
How Does Gartner Make Money?
Gartner is a research and advisory company that provides insights, advice, and tools to help businesses make informed decisions. The company makes money through a variety of revenue streams, including:
1. Research and advisory services: Gartner offers research and advisory services to help businesses make informed decisions. These services include access to research reports, analyst briefings, and advisory services. Clients pay a subscription fee to access these services.
2. Conferences and events: Gartner hosts conferences and events throughout the year, which provide opportunities for businesses to network, learn, and share best practices. Attendees pay a registration fee to attend these events.
3. Consulting services: Gartner offers consulting services to help businesses implement best practices and improve their operations. Clients pay a fee for these services.
4. Data and analytics: Gartner provides data and analytics services to help businesses make data-driven decisions. Clients pay a fee for access to these services.
5. Software and tools: Gartner offers software and tools to help businesses manage their operations and improve their performance. Clients pay a fee for access to these tools.
Overall, Gartner's revenue is generated primarily through subscription fees for its research and advisory services, as well as fees for its consulting services, conferences, and data and analytics services.
Who Founded Gartner?
Gideon Gartner and Dave L. R. Stein
What is the History of Gartner?
Gartner is a research and advisory company that was founded in 1979 by Gideon Gartner. The company started as a research firm that focused on providing market intelligence to technology companies. In the 1980s, Gartner expanded its services to include consulting and advisory services, and by the 1990s, it had become a leading provider of research and advisory services to businesses across various industries.
In 1995, Gartner went public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Over the years, the company has continued to grow and expand its services, acquiring several other research and advisory firms, including META Group, AMR Research, and Burton Group.
Today, Gartner is a global company with offices in over 100 countries and more than 15,000 clients worldwide. The company provides research, advisory, and consulting services to businesses across various industries, including technology, healthcare, finance, and government. Gartner is known for its Magic Quadrant reports, which provide an analysis of technology vendors in various markets.
What Industry is Gartner In?
Gartner is in the technology research and advisory services industry.
What Are Gartner's Competitive Advantages?
1. Industry expertise: Gartner has a deep understanding of the technology industry and its trends, which allows the company to provide valuable insights and advice to its clients.
2. Research capabilities: Gartner has a large team of analysts and researchers who conduct extensive research on various technology topics, providing clients with up-to-date and accurate information.
3. Reputation: Gartner is a well-respected and trusted brand in the technology industry, which gives the company a competitive advantage over other consulting firms.
4. Global reach: Gartner has a global presence, with offices in over 100 countries, which allows the company to serve clients around the world.
5. Diversified offerings: Gartner offers a wide range of services, including research, consulting, and events, which allows the company to meet the diverse needs of its clients.
6. Strong relationships with technology vendors: Gartner has strong relationships with technology vendors, which allows the company to provide clients with access to the latest technology solutions and innovations.
7. Data-driven insights: Gartner uses data and analytics to provide clients with insights and recommendations based on objective analysis, which gives the company a competitive advantage over firms that rely on subjective opinions.
What Are Gartner's Competitive Threats?
Some potential competitive threats to Gartner could include other research and advisory firms in the technology and business industries, as well as emerging technologies and trends that could disrupt Gartner's traditional business model. Additionally, the company may face challenges from new entrants to the market or changes in customer preferences and demands.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Gartner?
Some of the competitors of Gartner include Forrester Research, IDC, Frost & Sullivan, and Aberdeen Group.
What Are Some of Gartner's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from Gartner include research and advisory services, consulting services, conferences and events, and market analysis reports. They also offer tools and resources for IT professionals, such as Magic Quadrants and Hype Cycles, to help them make informed decisions about technology investments.
Has Gartner Acquired any Companies?
Yes, Gartner has made several notable acquisitions over the years. Some of the most significant ones include CEB Inc. in 2017, Burton Group in 2010, and META Group in 2005.