Generac Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Generac?
The stock ticker for Generac is GNRC.
Where is the Generac headquarters?
Generac's headquarters is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States.
What Does Generac Do?
Generac is a company that specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of power generation equipment, including generators, transfer switches, and other related products. They provide backup power solutions for residential, commercial, and industrial customers, ensuring reliable and uninterrupted power supply in case of power outages or emergencies.
How Does Generac Make Money?
Generac is a company that specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of power generation equipment and other related products. The company makes money through the sale of its products and services to customers in various industries, including residential, commercial, and industrial markets.
Generac's primary source of revenue comes from the sale of standby and portable generators, which are used to provide backup power in the event of a power outage. The company also offers a range of other products, including transfer switches, power inverters, and solar energy systems, which are designed to help customers manage their energy needs more efficiently.
In addition to its product offerings, Generac also generates revenue through its service and maintenance contracts, which provide customers with ongoing support and maintenance for their power generation equipment. The company also offers financing options to customers, which allows them to purchase its products and services on credit.
Overall, Generac's business model is focused on providing reliable and efficient power generation solutions to customers across a range of industries. By leveraging its expertise in this area and offering a range of products and services to meet customer needs, the company is able to generate revenue and maintain a strong market position in the power generation industry.
Who Founded Generac?
The founder of Generac is Robert Kern.
What is the History of Generac?
Generac is a leading manufacturer of backup power generation products for residential, commercial, and industrial markets. The company was founded in 1959 by Robert Kern and began as a small generator repair shop in Wisconsin. In the 1970s, Generac began manufacturing portable generators and expanded its product line to include standby generators in the 1980s.
In 1998, Generac was acquired by CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC, and continued to grow through acquisitions and product development. In 2012, the company went public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol GNRC.
Today, Generac is a global company with over 5,500 employees and operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. The company's products include standby generators, portable generators, transfer switches, and other power generation equipment. Generac is committed to providing reliable backup power solutions to customers around the world.
What Industry is Generac In?
Generac is in the energy industry.
What Are Generac's Competitive Advantages?
1. Strong brand recognition: Generac is a well-known brand in the power generation industry, with a reputation for quality and reliability.
2. Diverse product portfolio: Generac offers a wide range of products, including portable generators, standby generators, and industrial generators, which allows the company to serve a variety of customer needs.
3. Innovative technology: Generac has invested heavily in research and development, resulting in the development of advanced technologies such as the Mobile Link remote monitoring system and the EcoGen off-grid generator.
4. Strong distribution network: Generac has a strong network of dealers and distributors, which allows the company to reach customers in a variety of markets and geographies.
5. Focus on customer service: Generac is committed to providing excellent customer service, with a dedicated customer support team and a range of resources to help customers with installation, maintenance, and repair of their generators.
What Are Generac's Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to Generac include:
1. Other established generator manufacturers such as Cummins, Kohler, and Briggs & Stratton.
2. New entrants into the market with innovative technology and lower prices.
3. Alternative energy sources such as solar panels and wind turbines.
4. Changes in government regulations and policies that may favor or disadvantage the use of generators.
5. Economic downturns that may reduce demand for generators.
6. Natural disasters that may increase demand for generators but also disrupt supply chains and manufacturing operations.
7. Increasing competition from rental companies that offer temporary generator solutions.
8. Shifts in consumer preferences towards more environmentally friendly and sustainable products.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Generac?
Some of the competitors of Generac include Briggs & Stratton, Cummins, Kohler, and Caterpillar.
What Are Some of Generac's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from Generac include standby generators, portable generators, power washers, inverters, and solar energy solutions. They also offer maintenance and repair services for their products.
Has Generac Acquired any Companies?
Yes, Generac has made several notable acquisitions, including the purchase of Country Home Products in 2008, Magnum Products in 2011, and Ottomotores in 2013.