Steris Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Steris?
The stock ticker for Steris is STE.
Where is the Steris headquarters?
Steris Corporation's headquarters is located in Mentor, Ohio, United States.
What Does Steris Do?
Steris is a company that provides sterilization, infection prevention, and contamination control products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, and research industries. They offer a range of solutions including sterilizers, washers, disinfectants, and surgical equipment. Their goal is to help their customers maintain a safe and sterile environment for patients and staff.
How Does Steris Make Money?
Steris is a company that provides sterilization, infection prevention, and contamination control products and services to various industries, including healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and industrial markets. The company makes money through several revenue streams, including:
1. Product sales: Steris sells a wide range of products, including sterilizers, washers, disinfectants, and other infection prevention and control products. These products are sold to hospitals, clinics, laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and other customers in the healthcare and life sciences industries.
2. Service revenue: Steris also provides installation, maintenance, repair, and other services for its products. These services generate recurring revenue for the company and help to build long-term relationships with customers.
3. Consumables: Steris sells consumable products such as detergents, disinfectants, and other cleaning agents that are used in conjunction with its equipment. These consumables generate additional revenue for the company.
4. Contract sterilization services: Steris offers contract sterilization services to customers who prefer to outsource their sterilization needs. This service is particularly popular among small and mid-sized companies that do not have the resources to maintain their own sterilization facilities.
5. Other services: Steris also provides consulting, training, and other services related to infection prevention and control. These services help to differentiate the company from its competitors and provide additional revenue streams.
Overall, Steris makes money by providing high-quality products and services that help its customers to prevent and control infections and contamination. The company's focus on innovation, quality, and customer service has helped it to build a strong reputation and a loyal customer base, which in turn has helped to drive its revenue growth.
Who Founded Steris?
Steris was founded by Michael K. L. Parker in 1985.
What is the History of Steris?
Steris Corporation is a global leader in infection prevention, decontamination, and sterilization. The company was founded in 1985 as Innovative Medical Technologies and was renamed Steris Corporation in 1987.
Steris began as a manufacturer of sterilization equipment for hospitals and healthcare facilities. Over the years, the company expanded its product line to include infection prevention and decontamination solutions for a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and food and beverage.
In 2015, Steris completed a merger with Synergy Health, a global provider of sterilization and infection prevention services. The merger allowed Steris to expand its reach and capabilities in the healthcare and life sciences industries.
Today, Steris operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 12,000 people worldwide. The company continues to innovate and develop new technologies to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases and improve public health.
What Industry is Steris In?
Steris is in the healthcare industry.
What Are Steris's Competitive Advantages?
1. Strong brand reputation: Steris has a strong brand reputation in the healthcare industry, which helps it to attract and retain customers.
2. Diversified product portfolio: Steris offers a wide range of products and services, including sterilization equipment, surgical tables, and infection prevention solutions, which helps it to cater to the diverse needs of its customers.
3. Technological expertise: Steris has a strong focus on research and development, which has helped it to develop innovative products and solutions that are technologically advanced and meet the evolving needs of the healthcare industry.
4. Global presence: Steris has a global presence, with operations in over 60 countries, which helps it to tap into new markets and expand its customer base.
5. Strong distribution network: Steris has a strong distribution network, which helps it to reach customers in remote locations and ensures timely delivery of its products and services.
6. Regulatory compliance: Steris has a strong focus on regulatory compliance, which helps it to meet the stringent quality and safety standards set by regulatory bodies, and ensures that its products and services are safe and effective for use in healthcare settings.
What Are Steris's Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to Steris include:
1. Competition from other medical equipment and services providers: Steris faces competition from other companies that offer similar products and services, such as Johnson & Johnson, Stryker, and Medtronic.
2. Technological advancements: Rapid technological advancements in the medical industry could pose a threat to Steris if it fails to keep up with the latest innovations.
3. Regulatory changes: Changes in regulations and compliance requirements could impact Steris' ability to operate and compete in certain markets.
4. Economic downturns: Economic downturns could lead to reduced demand for Steris' products and services, as healthcare providers may cut back on spending.
5. Pricing pressures: Steris may face pricing pressures from competitors or customers, which could impact its profitability and market share.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Steris?
Some of the competitors of Steris include Johnson & Johnson, 3M, Stryker Corporation, and Getinge AB.
What Are Some of Steris's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from Steris include sterilization equipment, surgical tables, infection prevention solutions, cleaning and decontamination products, and healthcare software solutions. They also offer consulting and training services for healthcare facilities.
Has Steris Acquired any Companies?
Yes, Steris has made several notable acquisitions, including Synergy Health in 2015, Integrated Medical Systems in 2011, and US Endoscopy in 2009.