Waters Corporation Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Waters Corporation?
The stock ticker for Waters Corporation is WAT.
Where is the Waters Corporation headquarters?
The headquarters of Waters Corporation is located in Milford, Massachusetts, United States.
What Does Waters Corporation Do?
Waters Corporation is a company that specializes in analytical science and technologies for laboratory analysis. They provide instruments, software, and services for the detection and measurement of chemicals and compounds in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, environmental, and clinical research.
How Does Waters Corporation Make Money?
Waters Corporation is a publicly traded company that specializes in analytical laboratory instruments and software. The company makes money through the sale of its products and services to customers in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverage, environmental, and clinical research.
Waters Corporation's primary source of revenue is the sale of its analytical instruments, which include mass spectrometers, chromatography systems, and thermal analysis systems. These instruments are used by scientists and researchers to analyze and identify chemical compounds in various samples.
In addition to instrument sales, Waters Corporation also generates revenue through the sale of consumables, such as columns, sample preparation products, and calibration standards. These consumables are necessary for the operation of the company's instruments and are sold to customers on an ongoing basis.
Waters Corporation also offers a range of services to its customers, including training, technical support, and maintenance services. These services are designed to help customers optimize the performance of their instruments and ensure that they are operating at peak efficiency.
Finally, Waters Corporation generates revenue through the sale of software and informatics solutions. These solutions are designed to help customers manage and analyze the data generated by their instruments, allowing them to make more informed decisions and improve their research outcomes.
Overall, Waters Corporation makes money through a combination of instrument sales, consumables sales, service offerings, and software solutions. The company's diverse revenue streams and strong market position in the analytical laboratory instruments industry have helped it to maintain consistent growth and profitability over the years.
Who Founded Waters Corporation?
James Waters and Dr. George E. Helmkamp Jr. are the founders of Waters Corporation.
What is the History of Waters Corporation?
Waters Corporation is a publicly traded company that specializes in analytical laboratory instruments and software. The company was founded in 1958 by James L. Waters, who developed the first high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) system.
In the 1960s, Waters Corporation began to expand its product line and established a reputation for producing high-quality analytical instruments. The company went public in 1995 and has since grown to become a global leader in the field of analytical chemistry.
Over the years, Waters Corporation has acquired several other companies, including Micromass UK Ltd. in 1997, which expanded the company's capabilities in mass spectrometry. In 2006, Waters Corporation acquired Creon Lab Control, a software company that specializes in laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
Today, Waters Corporation has a presence in more than 100 countries and employs over 7,000 people worldwide. The company's products are used in a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverage, environmental testing, and academic research.
What Industry is Waters Corporation In?
Waters Corporation is in the analytical instruments and equipment industry.
What Are Waters Corporation's Competitive Advantages?
1. Strong brand reputation: Waters Corporation has a strong brand reputation in the scientific community, which helps it to attract and retain customers.
2. Innovative technology: The company has a strong focus on research and development, which has resulted in the development of innovative technologies that are highly valued by customers.
3. Wide range of products: Waters Corporation offers a wide range of products, including chromatography systems, mass spectrometers, and laboratory software, which allows it to cater to a diverse customer base.
4. Global presence: The company has a global presence, with operations in over 100 countries, which gives it a competitive advantage in terms of market reach and customer base.
5. Strong customer support: Waters Corporation has a strong customer support team that provides technical assistance and training to customers, which helps to build long-term relationships and loyalty.
6. Strong partnerships: The company has strong partnerships with other companies in the scientific community, which helps it to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
7. Experienced management team: Waters Corporation has an experienced management team that has a deep understanding of the scientific industry, which helps the company to make strategic decisions and stay ahead of the competition.
What Are Waters Corporation's Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to Waters Corporation include:
1. Agilent Technologies: Agilent is a leading provider of analytical instruments and solutions, and is a direct competitor to Waters Corporation in the life sciences and chemical analysis markets.
2. Thermo Fisher Scientific: Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global leader in scientific research and analysis, and offers a wide range of analytical instruments and solutions that compete with Waters Corporation's products.
3. Shimadzu Corporation: Shimadzu is a Japanese company that specializes in analytical and measuring instruments, and is a direct competitor to Waters Corporation in the chromatography and mass spectrometry markets.
4. PerkinElmer: PerkinElmer is a global leader in life sciences and diagnostics, and offers a range of analytical instruments and solutions that compete with Waters Corporation's products.
5. Bruker Corporation: Bruker is a leading provider of scientific instruments and solutions, and is a direct competitor to Waters Corporation in the mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance markets.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Waters Corporation?
Some of the competitors of Waters Corporation include Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Shimadzu Corporation, PerkinElmer, and Bruker Corporation.
What Are Some of Waters Corporation's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from Waters Corporation include:
1. Liquid chromatography systems
2. Mass spectrometry systems
3. Laboratory informatics software
4. Consumables and accessories for chromatography and mass spectrometry
5. Analytical standards and reagents
6. Service and support for their products.
Has Waters Corporation Acquired any Companies?
Yes, Waters Corporation has made several notable acquisitions, including the acquisition of TA Instruments in 2016, which expanded their portfolio of analytical instruments for materials science and thermal analysis. They also acquired Nonlinear Dynamics in 2013, which added software solutions for proteomics and metabolomics analysis. Additionally, Waters Corporation acquired Micromass in 1997, which helped establish their leadership in mass spectrometry technology.