Zebra Technologies Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Zebra Technologies?
The stock ticker for Zebra Technologies is ZBRA.
Where is the Zebra Technologies headquarters?
The headquarters of Zebra Technologies is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States.
What Does Zebra Technologies Do?
Zebra Technologies is a company that specializes in providing solutions for tracking and visibility of assets, inventory, and people. They offer a range of products including barcode scanners, mobile computers, RFID technology, and software to help businesses improve their operations and increase efficiency. Their solutions are used in industries such as healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and transportation and logistics.
How Does Zebra Technologies Make Money?
Zebra Technologies is a company that specializes in providing enterprise-level solutions for tracking and managing assets, inventory, and personnel. The company makes money through the sale of hardware, software, and services related to these solutions.
Hardware: Zebra Technologies sells a range of hardware products, including barcode scanners, mobile computers, RFID readers, and printers. These products are used to capture data and track assets, inventory, and personnel. Zebra Technologies makes money by selling these products to businesses and organizations.
Software: Zebra Technologies also offers software solutions that are used to manage and analyze the data captured by its hardware products. These software solutions include asset tracking software, inventory management software, and workforce management software. Zebra Technologies makes money by selling licenses for these software solutions to businesses and organizations.
Services: In addition to hardware and software products, Zebra Technologies also offers a range of services to help businesses and organizations implement and maintain its solutions. These services include consulting, training, and technical support. Zebra Technologies makes money by charging fees for these services.
Overall, Zebra Technologies makes money by providing enterprise-level solutions for tracking and managing assets, inventory, and personnel. The company generates revenue through the sale of hardware, software, and services related to these solutions.
Who Founded Zebra Technologies?
Zebra Technologies was founded by Edward L. Kaplan and Gerhard Cless in 1969.
What is the History of Zebra Technologies?
Zebra Technologies is a company that specializes in the design and manufacture of barcode and label printing solutions. The company was founded in 1969 as Data Specialties Incorporated by Edward L. Kaplan and Gerhard Cless. Initially, the company focused on producing high-speed electromechanical products for the banking industry.
In 1982, the company changed its name to Zebra Technologies Corporation and shifted its focus to barcode printing technology. Zebra Technologies introduced its first barcode printer in 1986, which was a breakthrough in the industry. The company continued to innovate and develop new products, including thermal transfer printers, RFID printers, and mobile printers.
In 1991, Zebra Technologies went public and began trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange. The company continued to grow and expand its operations, acquiring several other companies in the barcode and label printing industry. In 2014, Zebra Technologies acquired Motorola Solutions' Enterprise business, which included their mobile computing, barcode scanning, and wireless infrastructure products.
Today, Zebra Technologies is a global leader in barcode and label printing solutions, with operations in over 100 countries. The company's products are used in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and transportation and logistics.
What Industry is Zebra Technologies In?
Zebra Technologies is in the information technology industry.
What Are Zebra Technologies's Competitive Advantages?
1. Strong brand recognition: Zebra Technologies is a well-known brand in the industry, which gives it a competitive advantage over lesser-known competitors.
2. Diverse product portfolio: Zebra Technologies offers a wide range of products, including barcode scanners, mobile computers, and RFID readers, which allows it to cater to a variety of industries and customer needs.
3. Innovative technology: Zebra Technologies is known for its innovative technology, such as its patented RFID technology, which gives it an edge over competitors.
4. Global presence: Zebra Technologies has a global presence, with operations in over 100 countries, which allows it to reach a wider customer base and expand its market share.
5. Strong customer relationships: Zebra Technologies has a strong reputation for providing excellent customer service and building long-term relationships with its customers, which helps it retain customers and attract new ones.
What Are Zebra Technologies's Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to Zebra Technologies include:
1. Other established players in the automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) industry, such as Honeywell, Datalogic, and Motorola Solutions.
2. Emerging technologies such as RFID, which could potentially replace traditional barcode scanning and printing solutions.
3. Increasing competition from Asian manufacturers who offer lower-priced products.
4. The trend towards mobile devices and cloud-based solutions, which could reduce the demand for traditional hardware-based solutions.
5. The possibility of economic downturns or disruptions in supply chains, which could impact demand for Zebra's products and services.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Zebra Technologies?
Some of the competitors of Zebra Technologies are Honeywell International Inc., Datalogic S.p.A., Motorola Solutions Inc., and Avery Dennison Corporation.
What Are Some of Zebra Technologies's Products and Services?
Some notable products and services from Zebra Technologies include barcode scanners, mobile computers, RFID solutions, thermal printers, software and services for asset tracking and management, and healthcare solutions.
Has Zebra Technologies Acquired any Companies?
Yes, Zebra Technologies has made several notable acquisitions, including Motorola Solutions' Enterprise business in 2014, Xplore Technologies in 2018, and Reflexis Systems in 2020.