Rollins, Inc. Company Overview
What is the Stock Ticker for Rollins, Inc.?
The stock ticker for Rollins, Inc. is ROL.
Where is the Rollins, Inc. headquarters?
The headquarters of Rollins, Inc. is located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
What Does Rollins, Inc. Do?
Rollins, Inc. is a global consumer and commercial services company that provides pest control, termite control, and wildlife control services. They operate through their subsidiaries, including Orkin, Western Pest Services, and HomeTeam Pest Defense, and serve customers in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
How Does Rollins, Inc. Make Money?
Rollins, Inc. is a pest control company that makes money by providing pest control services to residential and commercial customers. The company offers a range of services, including termite control, bed bug control, rodent control, and wildlife management. Rollins generates revenue by charging customers for these services on a one-time or recurring basis.
In addition to its core pest control services, Rollins also generates revenue through its subsidiary companies. These subsidiaries provide a range of services, including lawn care, landscaping, and HVAC services. Rollins also generates revenue through the sale of pest control products, such as insecticides and rodenticides.
Rollins operates on a franchise model, which allows the company to expand its reach without incurring significant overhead costs. Franchisees pay Rollins a fee to use the company's brand name and operating system, and in return, they receive training, marketing support, and access to Rollins' proprietary technology.
Overall, Rollins generates revenue through a combination of pest control services, subsidiary companies, product sales, and franchise fees. The company's focus on customer service and innovation has helped it to become a leader in the pest control industry, with a strong reputation for quality and reliability.
Who Founded Rollins, Inc.?
Rollins, Inc. was founded by John W. Rollins and O. Wayne Rollins in 1948.
What is the History of Rollins, Inc.?
Rollins, Inc. is a global consumer and commercial services company that provides pest control, termite control, and other related services. The company was founded in 1948 by John W. Rollins and his brother O. Wayne Rollins in Atlanta, Georgia. Initially, the company was focused on providing pest control services to residential customers in the Atlanta area.
In the 1950s, Rollins, Inc. expanded its operations to other parts of the United States and began offering commercial pest control services. The company continued to grow through acquisitions, purchasing several smaller pest control companies throughout the 1960s and 1970s.
In the 1980s, Rollins, Inc. expanded its services to include termite control and other related services. The company also began expanding internationally, opening operations in Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Today, Rollins, Inc. is a global company with operations in over 60 countries. The company has over 20,000 employees and is one of the largest pest control companies in the world. Rollins, Inc. is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ROL.
What Industry is Rollins, Inc. In?
Rollins, Inc. is in the pest control industry.
What Are Rollins, Inc.'s Competitive Advantages?
Rollins, Inc. has several competitive advantages, including:
1. Strong brand recognition: Rollins, Inc. is a well-known brand in the pest control industry, with a reputation for providing high-quality services.
2. Extensive network of branches: Rollins, Inc. has a large network of branches across the United States and internationally, which allows the company to provide services to a wide range of customers.
3. Experienced and knowledgeable staff: Rollins, Inc. employs experienced and knowledgeable staff who are trained to provide effective pest control solutions.
4. Innovative technology: Rollins, Inc. invests in innovative technology to improve its services and stay ahead of the competition.
5. Strong customer service: Rollins, Inc. places a strong emphasis on customer service, which helps to build customer loyalty and attract new customers.
6. Diversified business model: Rollins, Inc. has a diversified business model, with multiple brands and service offerings, which helps to mitigate risk and provide stability in a competitive market.
What Are Rollins, Inc.'s Competitive Threats?
Some competitive threats to Rollins, Inc. include:
1. Other pest control companies: Rollins faces competition from other pest control companies such as Terminix, Orkin, and Rentokil.
2. DIY pest control solutions: With the rise of DIY pest control solutions, Rollins may face competition from consumers who choose to handle pest control themselves.
3. Environmental concerns: As more consumers become environmentally conscious, Rollins may face competition from companies that offer eco-friendly pest control solutions.
4. Economic downturns: During economic downturns, consumers may cut back on non-essential services such as pest control, which could impact Rollins' revenue.
5. Regulatory changes: Changes in regulations related to pest control could impact Rollins' operations and create new competition in the industry.
Who Are Some of the Competitors of Rollins, Inc.?
Some competitors of Rollins, Inc. include Terminix, Orkin, Rentokil Initial, Ecolab, and Massey Services.
What Are Some of Rollins, Inc.'s Products and Services?
Some notable products or services from Rollins, Inc. include pest control services through their subsidiaries Orkin, Western Pest Services, and HomeTeam Pest Defense. They also offer wildlife control services through Critter Control and mosquito control services through MosquitoNix. Additionally, Rollins, Inc. provides termite control services through Orkin and other subsidiaries.
Has Rollins, Inc. Acquired any Companies?
Rollins, Inc. has made several notable acquisitions, including HomeTeam Pest Defense, Western Pest Services, and Northwest Exterminating.